The Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association is proud to announce the 2019 Deb Oberlander New Lawyer Award. The Award will be presented at the MDLA Annual Meeting in August in Duluth. Nominations must be submitted by July 25, 2019.
Previous Award Winners
2009: Amy Amundson (Lind Jensen Sullivan & Peterson)
2010: Margaret Jennings Meier (Larson King)
2011: Michael Will (Meagher & Geer)
2012: Jessie Sogge (Rajkowski Hansmeier)
2013: Cally Kjellberg-Nelson (Quinlivan & Hughes, P.A.)
2014: Andrea Hoversten (Geraghty O'Loughlin & Kenney PA)
2015: Lauren Nuffort (Terhaar, Archibald, Pfefferle & Griebel, LLP)
2016: Bryan Browning (Bassford Remele PA)
2017: Colleen McGarry (Fox Rothschild LLP)
2018: Lance Meyer (O'Meara, Leer, Wagner & Kohl, PA)
We invite MDLA members to submit nominations for candidates who meet the below enumerated criteria. We encourage you to attach a letter of recommendation describing the qualification of your candidate plus any other information you believe supports the candidate's selection for the award. The following criteria will be emphasized in selection of this year's recipient:
- MDLA member
- Practicing in the defense of civil actions
- Graduated from law school after 1/1/2009
- Involvement in MDLA - Does the candidate exemplify the energy and passion for MDLA that Deb Oberlander exhibited through her service to MDLA?
- Involvement in other defense organizations such as DRI
- Honors and awards
- Leadership/mentoring activities
- General demeanor and character - Does the Candidate practice law with a high standard of professionalism?
- Pro bono/community service
- Experience/performance - What type of litigation experience does the candidate have?