The mission statement of the Women in the Law Committee is to connect the more than 200 women who are MDLA members by:
- Providing opportunities to develop and strengthen relationships, facilitating business growth and professional development;
- Supporting women’s career advancement by providing a forum for leadership and professional development; and
- Raising awareness about issues of interest to women lawyers.
To further its mission and the mission of MDLA, the Committee will:
- Provide speaking opportunities and encourage women to speak at MDLA’s Trial Techniques Seminar and Mid-Winter Conference.
- Provide publication opportunities with Minnesota Defense.
- Identify emerging issues and items of interest to women lawyers to keep committee members informed.
- Partner with other MDLA committees, such as the Diversity Committee, to strengthen the programming, education and development of all MDLA members while furthering MDLA’s commitment to diversity.
- Partner with other women’s groups in the Minnesota to strengthen and diversify programming and educational opportunities.
- Provide and foster leadership opportunities for members within the Committee to further involvement and leadership in MDLA as a whole.
Lauren Nuffort, Co-Chairperson
Elizabeth M. Sorenson Brotten
Foley & Mansfield, PLLP
Brendel Zinn Sofio and Oskie
Women in Law Committee Distribution List
All members of the Women in Law Committee are included in a committee-specific distribution list.
To Subscribe: Log into your member profile and find the "Practice Type" section. To join a committee's distribution list, check the box of the committee you would like to join.
To Unsubscribe: Log into your member profile and un-check the box of the committee you wish to unsubscribe from under the "Practice Type" section.